Thank you for your interest in joining the Victorian Storm Chasers Social Media team. Providing the following information will help us gain an understanding of your knowledge and experience before deciding whether you are suitable. Please read everything carefully.
~ IMPORTANT ~
Before starting the application please think carefully about your current availability with work and family commitments. A lot of people are eager to get involved then realise they don’t have the time.
Please note the following requirements before proceeding:
- you must be 18 years old or over
- you must understand and speak English
- this is a VOLUNTARY position (not paid)
- you MUST have a working desktop computer or laptop
- regular communication with management regarding availability
- must be prepared to add our management team as friends on Facebook so they can assist with your training
- must have excellent grammar
Your role in the team will involve:
- regular checks of the Facebook Page – liking posts and comments from fans, dealing with inappropriate posts and answering questions
- schedule a daily forecast at least once a week/fortnight
- post warnings (issued by the Bureau) on Facebook and TweetDeck (Twitter) using templates provided by us
- post storm alerts or radar updates
- post or share photos/videos
- other tasks as required
To choose more than one option, hold down the Ctrl key and select which applies to you.